Closing Date: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Business Administration Instructor
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Faculty, Ph.D. Level (Exempt)
SUPERVISION: Vice President of Operations
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Responsible for providing instruction and supervision of research activities of students enrolled in the Business Administration programs at the Associate, Bachelor and Master’s levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and implement Masters of Business program.
2. Work with the Vice President of Operations in seeking approval of Master’s program through the Higher Learning Commission.
3. Prepare and teach courses in business administration at the Bachelor’s and Master’s level.
4. Promote and recruit students for business administration programs.
5. Maintain various reports such as attendance, grades, and other reports by making use of the records management system approved by SBC administration.
6. Evaluate student performance and assign appropriate grades. Participate in student assessment activities.
7. Counsel and advise learners enrolled in the business administration programs. Maintain advisee file for each learner.
8. Evaluate learner performance and assign appropriate grades.
9. Advise students on individualized, student-selected research projects at all college levels.
10. Develop and maintain an environment conducive to the teaching and learning process.
11. Update and maintain curriculum in the Division of Business to meet industry standards. Update and maintain course syllabi as needed. Work with various faculty for the development and implementation of the curriculum.
12. Participate in yearend assessment.
13. Must communicate effectively with others.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academics.
15. Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
16. Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
17. Serve on college committees as appointed.
18. Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural events)
19. Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull College.
1. Ph.D. degree in business related field or a Doctorate of Business Administration.
2. A minimum of five years’ work experience in teaching and/or within a business related field is required.
3. Knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs is preferred.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered