Closing Date: Until Filled
Position Title: Clinical Nursing Laboratory Technician
Location: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
Salary: ($17.59-$21.44) DOE
(Staff – Part time/10-12 hours per week average, End of August – April)
Supervision: Dean of Academics and Nursing Director
Summary of Work:
The Clinical Nursing Laboratory Technician works under the supervision of the Director of the Division of Nursing. This individual is responsible for providing assistance and supervision of nursing students utilizing the clinical nursing laboratory for practicing a variety of nursing skills. This includes setting up and maintaining the nursing laboratory and equipment and assisting with implementation of simulated nursing experiences. Work hours will vary and will be scheduled with the Nursing Director to maintain optimal scheduling for student usage of the laboratory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with the Director of the Division of Nursing and faculty to maintain ND State accreditation for the nursing program.
2. Facilitate the use of the Nursing Laboratory, including coordination of use and activities to ensure open and structured laboratory times are available and utilized.
3. Coordinate and assist with student supervision as well as individual oversight to students for practice and/or remediation on various nursing skills.
4. Maintain the nursing laboratory equipment and inventory, including preparing and providing a list of supplies to be ordered and safe, organized storage and disposal of all clinical laboratory materials.
5. Participate in and contribute to the upkeep of the nursing laboratory.
a. Perform general cleaning in the nursing laboratory.
b. Oversee maintenance and repairs of the nursing equipment
6. Promote and ensure safe laboratory practices, including review and revision of policies and procedures pertinent to the nursing laboratory.
7. Work with the Nursing Division faculty to manage and utilize the nursing simulation equipment.
a. Understand and serve as a resource to the nursing faculty on the set up of the simulation equipment.
b. Assist with the setup and execution of simulated patient experiences.
8. Participate in student assessment activities.
9. Maintain various reports such as attendance.
10. Maintain confidentiality.
11. Assist with maintaining an environment conducive to the teaching and learning process.
12. Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
13. Serve on Nursing Division committees as appointed.
14. Participate in other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Associate degree in Nursing (LPN or RN) required.
2. Hold an unencumbered active license to practice as a LPN or RN in North Dakota or another compact state.
3. Minimum of one year of experience in nursing practice.
4. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills.
New hires are subject to Federal. State Tribal background checks and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered