Closing Date: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Resource Development Director
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Administrative, Level IV (Exempt)
($39,800 - $47,400)
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Resource Development Director will be responsible for providing oversight and leadership of Resource Development for Sitting Bull College. This includes organizing and managing an annual fundraising campaign and event fundraisers. Director will establish and cultivate donor relationships and strive to incorporate increased donor giving and participation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Expand annual campaign fundraising capacity.
2. Develop a strategy for planned giving, including a case study and creation of marketing materials.
3. Develop relations with the corporate foundations, private foundations and federal agencies for possible contributions to Sitting Bull College.
4. Make personal contacts with potential donors. Shall travel locally or out of state to meet, educate and make potential “Asks” for donations.
5. Communicate effectively with the President regarding large donations that require the President to “Ask” for a donation. Plan, prepare, and travel with the president, if needed, to make those explicit donation “Asks”.
6. Develop an outreach program for Sitting Bull College Alumni.
7. Manage and maintain the current computerized data base program for record keeping of names and addresses of potential donors and friends of the college.
8. Manage and maintain a donor recognition program.
9. Develop a Public Relations plan including a schedule of marketing activities and production of standardized marketing materials.
10. Provide motivational meetings for staff & faculty and train volunteers and interested staff in fund raising techniques.
11. Write and disseminate press releases for President as needed.
12. Respond to media inquiries; meet with journalists.
13. Draft letters on behalf of President as needed.
14. Attend public relation functions with and on behalf of President when needed.
15. Submit monthly reports to President and Board of Trustees.
16. Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
17. Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
18. Serve on college committees as appointed.
19. Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural events, volunteerism.)
20. Promote Sitting Bull College.
1. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred in job related field.
2. Must possess a strong background in organizational management and fundraising.
3. Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
4. Must have excellent writing skills.
RD Director will have the opportunity to receive an annual bonus percentage (15% on net gains) based on non-restricted donation amounts raised minus the operating costs of the Resource Development Office.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered