Nursing Instructor - Certified Nursing Assistant Program (RCC)
Riverside Community College District
Application Deadline: 05/01/2017
Department: Nursing (R)
Position Type: Full-Time Faculty/Counselor/Librarian
Physical location of the position: Riverside
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tenure Track (Faculty)
Position Length: 10-month
Salary Range: Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6
Salary Amount: $59,061 to $90,997
Salary Type: Annual
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? Yes
If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through: 12/30/18
The successful candidate will be responsible for lecture and/laboratory instruction in the Certified Nursing Assistant program. Will also be responsible for the overall administration of the Certified Nursing Assistant program. The assignment may also include other courses in the discipline.
1. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing required. Master's degree in Nursing preferred. (All degrees and units used to satisfy the minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions).
2. Prior to employment, applicant must obtain a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education courses in planning, implementing, and evaluation of educational programs in nursing. These courses must be approved by the Board of Registered Nursing or courses administered by an accredited educational institution.
1. A minimum of one year of nursing experience as a licensed nurse providing direct patient care in a long term care facility, in addition to one year of experience planning, implementing, and evaluating educational programs in nursing.
Two years of full-time experience as a licensed nurse, at least one of which must be in the provision of direct patient care in a long term care nursing facility.
2. One-year of teaching experience is preferred.
3. A clinical background in medical-surgical, maternal/ newborn, pediatric, or mental health is preferred.
4. Computer proficiency is required; experience in informatics or simulation preferred.
Current valid and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California. Any legal convictions or proceedings that could affect licensure must be immediately disclosed to the Dean of the School of Nursing at time of occurrence.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The instructional assignment will include lecture and laboratory classes in the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program.
2. Responsible for the overall administration of the CNA program, including overseeing the curriculum; preparing documents for application renewal; entering into contractual agreements with cooperating clinical agencies in compliance with all governing regulations; and visiting each clinical site annually to ensure continued compliance.
3. Assignments are based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, student learning outcomes assessment, program review, student activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement.
4. Institutional service activities are expected of all faculty members.
5. Participation in discipline/department decision making processes and work regarding curriculum, program development and other matters are also expected of all department faculty.
6. Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Ten-month, tenure-track position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and legal dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy.
6. Maintaining broad knowledge of the academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes is expected.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in District and College promotional activities, active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and appropriate professional activities.
OTHER: Must have and maintain a clear background check and drug screen at all times with no DUIs within a 7 year period; additional/random background and drug screen tests may be required.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Copy of California RN License
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 3
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
* This position may require clinical rotations held in the evenings and/or weekends; clinical rotations may be from 6-12 hours/day; clinical rotations may be held anywhere within a 30 mile radius of Riverside City College.
* Background and drug screen testing is required.
* All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of recommendation must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
*The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.