Assistant Professor, Art (Riverside City College)
Application Deadline: 05/01/2017
Department: Art (R)
Position Type: Full-Time Faculty/Counselor/Librarian
Physical location of the position: Riverside
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tenure Track (Faculty)
Position Length: 10-month
Salary Range: Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6
Salary Amount: $59,061 to $90,997
Salary Type: Annual
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? No
The successful candidate will be responsible for lecture and/or laboratory instruction in Figurative 2-Dimensional Drawing and Painting and Studio Art fundamentals. The assignment may include courses in 2-Dimensional Art: Illustration, Figure Drawing, Figure Painting, Design, and Color Theory, as well as other courses in the Art discipline.
Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts degree in fine arts or art. (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions).
Note: "master's degree in fine arts" as used here refers to any master's degree in the subject matter of fine arts which is defined to include visual studio arts such as drawing and painting. It does not refer to the "Master of Fine Arts" (MFA) degree when that degree is based on specialization in performing arts, dance, film, video, photography, creative writing or other non-plastic arts.
A minimum of two (2) years experience teaching Studio Art at a postsecondary level preferred.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will, among other things:
1. Fulfill the duties of a full-time instructor, including, but not limited to, holding weekly office hours and completing 24 hours of "flex credit" through various available activities and seminars.
2. The instructional assignment will include lecture and/or laboratory classes in the discipline.
3. Assignments are based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, student learning outcomes assessment, program review, student activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement.
4. Institutional service activities are expected of all faculty members.
5. Participation in discipline/department decision making processes and work regarding curriculum, program development, Improvement of Instruction, and other professional matters are also expected of all department faculty.
6. Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Ten-month, tenure-track position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and legal dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy.
6. Maintaining broad knowledge of the academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes is expected.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in District and College promotional activities, active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and appropriate professional activities.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Provide a hyperlink where images of your portfolio (your work & your students' work) can be viewed.
Optional Applicant Documents:
Effective Employment Date:
* All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. This includes recommendation letters. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! ALL documents MUST be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of recommendation must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line. Please submit current letters.
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
*The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.